Saturday, November 25, 2017

Deep diving into self deconstruction.

A lot of people write blogs….I mean, a lot!

Blogs about making more money, blogs about cooking and travel, history, architecture, about making your blog better. So, many times people will say to me, “why are you writing about this kind of stuff?” what makes your blog more important than anyone else’s?

It’s not important to anyone else, or maybe it is. That’s the point. I show you the things that I love, the things that I am passionate about.

I started this blog as a way to make some people in my life proud of me and then one day I found out they never read or even looked at my blog then my blog became about me.

I want to encourage you to love these things too and reward people who engage with them. I write about my culture and the people that travel down the same pathways. The people I talk to and about are my heroes and mentors, or even people I’d love to get know better. They’ve taught me very valuable things in my life.


Throughout your life, you come up with this character, this identity that defines you, through all the things out there that you love. You let them become a part of you, and now, now that I'm older. It's time to peel away those pieces and find out what's really at the center of me. It's time to find out what was before the Avatar. What is the “proto-me”? Who is he out there?

So that's what this is all about. This is all about me, finding out who I really am. It really sounds like a lot of nonsense when you say it out loud, but it's not.

It's not at all. It's not some hokum or pseudoscience. It's real. This is what people do every day. They figure out that they're not real, that they’re made up of this suit to survive reality, and once in awhile you start to figure out that you're wearing a suit and you want to know what's inside because you haven't taken that suit off in half your lifetime, so you don't realize what's in there. Ever become conscious of your own tongue? That muscle that lives in your mouth and helps you digest food and make words? Of course, you have. But have you realized that you are wearing a suit? A suit made up of memories, and things that you love, a suit that helps you cope with the world. A suit that you let drive you around thru life? Think about that.

And the whole thing of not knowing what's inside the suit is what everyone is afraid of, and when they see you peeling away at this, peeling all the layers away taking that suit off to find out who you really are, you'll get shunned. You will get ostracized by people because you're doing something that you shouldn't be doing. Why would you do something like that?

Do you know what we have in common with every person on this Earth? What we have in common with them is the exact same thoughts and that is what if they find out that I'm fake? what if they find out that I'm a liar? what if they find out how bad of a person I really am? Everyone has those same thoughts

What's really profound about all that is that no one really cares. It's the funniest thing in the world. No one cares. They really don't and that's what makes it so personal to you is that this is your journey, not theirs so of course, it's not going to matter to them. It matters to you and it's profound to you and no one else, but by the end of the day no one's going to remember and that's funny.

Be like a person in a massive crowd in a stadium, and everyone's yelling "Hey look at me, I'm important!" and you can't hear yourself over everyone else yelling and doing the same thing but no one's going to admit it at least not to you.

No comments: