Sunday, February 23, 2020

My solsburry

I woke up with the song Solsburry hill in my head, this rather nice morning. It, being the weather, not the morning. I had the song still with me.
I really like the song, but I didn’t know that I liked it that much.
I heard that the song gives sort of a reason why Gabriel left the group, Genesis. And then after reading the lyrics to the song, It made me feel strange. The song is about change, and about fear of what others will think once they see what you have changed into. With lyrics like “To keep in silence I resigned.” And “I will show another me.” Or “ I walked right of the machinery.” It made me feel as if I was hitting upon something big inside me. Something that I had been ignoring for some time. I couldn’t exactly remember all the lyrics, so when I got to work this morning I looked them up.
What I came up with, was something like the pain of going forward. And the things you tend to leave behind. The people the places. The memories. Will they understand what it is that you are doing? Will they see the path ahead of you? Will they understand?
No. No they won’t understand.
They will think you are crazy. They will say that you have gone weird on them. Your friends that you thought were your closest, will turn on you. It’s moments like these that will define you. They will show you who your true friends are and who will understand your choices. Then you can keep going forward and never look back.


No comments: