Monday, October 9, 2017

Captain Terror's revenge!


 This is a reworking of Captain Terror of the cartoon Speed Racer. I gave him a more evil look. He's been burned by being wrecked accidentally by Speed and his goggles and helmet were cut off of him by paramedics. So he's sewn them back together and still wears them during the races. 
I gave him a kind of Mignola style lighting.

So, after drawing this picture. I felt that I had more to say about him. I kept having little images of him recovering in the burn unit of a hospital and seething with hatred for Speed.  The next thing I knew I was writing a non linear short story about the whole thing. 
Captain Terror before the terrible wreck


The doctors told me that I have fourth degree burns over 60% of my face in the crash; I could not feel much pain because of all the nerve damage, I do have that to be thankful for. My hands and torso hurt the most; they were covered in second degree burns

Speed used his shocks to jump over a wrecked car in front of him and landed on the front of my car in the process, causing him to skip over the wreck and throwing me into a wall and explode into a ball of pure hell and made three minutes trapped in that wreckage seem like an eternity while the fire devoured my face and hands.

I lost most of my teeth in the crash and spent over 10grand on getting them all back and looking perfect. I figured it would be a striking contrast with my scarred face to see my ivory white veneers between what used to be my lips.

You don't know the true meaning of pain until you have had skin grafts. The tops and the palms of my hands were very damaged and had to have extensive micro surgeries and skin grafts from my thighs. Once the nerves became receptive to the touch, it was as if, everything was boiling water that touched them.

 I had to spend over a year with voice coaches and ventriloquists to teach me how to talk without having lips.

I gathered up my uniform that was pulled off of me in the E.R. room. I had tailors re-stitch my jumpsuit back together while I worked on my helmet and goggles.

Speed came to my room to visit and probably to gloat about what he had done to me. I sat there in my oxygen tent seething in anger. I felt as though I was right back in the wreck watching the back of the mach 5 drive off. I busted the stitches on the skin grafts on my wrists trying to free myself and from my restraints to get at his throat.

Speed’s father also came by my room in the burn ward to show his sympathies. He expressed his deepest apologies and about the seriousness of my wreck that speed caused
due to his inferior driving skills. I interrupted his heart felt speech by hocking up a blood clot and spitting it onto the inside of my oxygen tent. Speed’s father flinched when it hit the plastic. I always thought he was made of tougher things than that.

I tried to salvage every workable part of my wrecked car, so when I am able to race again, I would have most of the original that back and we could both have our revenge on Speed Racer and his Mach 5.

When they lowered me into the whirlpool for debridement, to free the bits of melted cloth off my body I was not given pain killers or anesthesia for my pain. Something about having these burns would not allow it. I didn’t scream once when they scraped the burnt bits off me, or when the jets of water tore at the raw meat off my body

They tried to talk me into working with some of the unburned flesh on my forehead to fashion myself a new nose but I wouldn’t do it. They told me about nasal irrigations  I never want to forget what he did to me. I want to catch my reflection on the hood of my car and be fueled with rage and vengeance. 

No comments: