Monday, August 21, 2017

Autumn's Child



I really feel lost without fall. I walk around in a
somnambulistic daze in this thick, unyielding, torridity.
I sit here in the dark this morning, typing this with the
air turned to 70 degrees.

I Don't want to venture forth into the day because my world
will come to an end once I open the door and feel the desperate heat greet me in breathtaking gusts and humidity worse enough to make you wish you could grow gills and breathe like a fish.

I feel absolutely, romantically charged. Like a lover in an airport, peering over the heads of people looking for your face, just waiting for that connection again, that spark to come back. I bite my lip, waiting impatiently for September 22, just to see your face again. Just writing this down makes me feel giddy. I can't wait to feel you in my hair, vellicate my face and hear you run in the fragile branches of the trees. I miss you so much.

picture by me

No comments: