Monday, August 7, 2017

Frank Doubleday dream

I had a dream the other night that I worked in an Arby’s restaurant with group of guys and one of them was the actor Frank Doubleday. The place reminded me of a ship and we were her crew with a living quarters attached to the back and we were not allowed to leave unless told that we could by the manager.
Frank Doubleday as Romero in Escape from New York


I guess Frank worked there too, even though I never saw him working. But then again, I didn’t do any work either. He appeared just like he did in the 80’s slightly longish dirty blonde hair and he was wearing a tan suit, white shirt and blue tie. He was setting on an old beat up copper colored couch, saying, “I’m afraid no one remembers me.” His voice was watery, cracked and sad, like any minute he would start crying.

I was setting in a chair across from him and listening to him talk and seeing how was feeling sent me into a fury. I wasn’t mad at him, just mad at the indifference of the world.
I stood up and pointed at him.
“You are Frank Doubleday!” I shouted to him.
“You chewed up the screen any time you were on it in Escape from New York! You’re
every movement was precise and wonderful! You stood beside the always stunning Adrienne Barbeau and you made people forget about her! That’s a hard thing to do!”
I walked over to where he sat and continued.
“When you look over at her, unbutton your shirt a little, and then tie the bottom in a knot like your trying to mimic her was absolute gold! Everything you did in that movie was gold!”

Frank in The Big Fix


He blinked away the tears and nervously smiled, and looked away from me and down to his hands that were in his lap. He chuckled and looked back up at me and smiled even bigger and said, “Thank you. Thank you so much.” in a whispery kind of voice.

This dream stuck with me all day long. I couldn’t stop thinking about it and why I had it.
I was left with a sense of accomplishment when I woke up, thinking that I helped out a childhood idol of mine, but something still stuck with me.
Frank in the tv show Sledgehammer


I thought about how I have wanted to reconnect with people that I used to be close to. But really, I want to be a good memory for someone out there. Something I do or say, something I create. I hope that I will be remembered in a good way to someone out there.

So, I think I projected my fear of not being remembered in my dream onto Frank Doubleday, or that’s what I am getting out of it. Now I feel the urge to contact him and tell him about my dream.

I got a wild hair to seek out and interview actor Frank Doubleday (Romero in Escape from New York) and I find his wife's number and call it out of curiosity and it's legit the Doubleday family telephone number! So naturally I panicked and hung up. But I did call back and left them my email address.

Hope you are all well and haven't turned into a Delta wave state forever. 

Also, Educate yourself. Here are some links on Frank Doubleday and his works.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Doubleday_(actor)

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0234664/

No comments: