Monday, November 13, 2017

Patches? I need all the stinking patches!


I have always been into iron-on patches. Well, sew on patches and iron-on ones. It takes me back to cub scouts. I loved getting those patches to get my mother to put on my uniform. In all honesty, I wish I could have finished all the way up to eagle scout but no parent wanted to host our scouts and it seemed like nobody seemed to care anymore. Adults couldn't be bothered. (Can you tell I'm a little sour about my childhood? haha!) 

Maybe even before I was in the Scouts, I was drawn to patches on my Grandfather's caps, which were things to do with farming equipment and such, like International Harvester and John Deere. I didn't care too much for the hat, I just wanted the patches on them. 

I try to stay attentive if there is a movie and the main character is wearing something with patches on it. It doesn't matter if it's functional or aesthetic. My eyes are naturally drawn to them. whether it be snow man's vest from Smokey and the Bandit or Mitsuru's awesome white leather jacket from Sharkskin man and peach hip girl. My eyes are always on the lookout for them, in real life or in films. I even designed patches for a story that I am working on! 

His patch says, "truckers do it best."
Mitsuru's patches look like they are motorcycle 
patches of sorts.


One day last year, I decided that I have seen enough of black metal, and rock and roll patches on jean jackets and vests. I thought that cult movies, geek movies, and cartoons were not properly represented. I mean, You'd see maybe one good patch or button on someone's jacket but you never see a jacket covered in geek or cult movie stuff.

So that's my goal now, to cover a jean jacket with those things. So then started my journey.


This is a first run at where I was thinking where the patches will go.
Starting clockwise: Xenomorph, Dr. Steel, Toy soldier patch, Mythosaur skull,
eyeball, Gravity Falls, Cybertronic Spree, coffin patch, Rick from Rick and Morty,
and another Toy soldier patch.

 Here are some other patches that I have gotten.
I love esoteric patches






psychedelic tigers for life!



And here are some that I am wanting to get soon for my jacket.










 Did you ever have any patches that you loved? Let me know in the comments!



No comments: