Wednesday, May 10, 2017

The Cybertronic Spree Interview!!!

As you all know, I am an enormous fan of the band, The Cybertronic Spree. I've been following them since they started posted videos on Youtube, and yes, I even posted a letter I wrote to them on this blog. Hey! I don't care! I love this band! They absolutely kill a depressing, abysmal day right in its tracks!

So you can imagine the smile on my face when I found out that these bots agreed to let me interview them! *insert awkward fangirl scream here* Anyways, without getting even more awkward, here's the interview! Yay! 

After several Millennia of strife and conflict between two warring factions, it’s good to see it obliterated by the power of rock. When did this occur for you guys? 

In 2013.

Will we ever see the Spree do a U.S.A. tour in the future? 

Maybe not a full on tour but the band will perform Stateside this year.

What made you all decide to put your differences aside and pick up instruments?

We realized we like playing music just a little bit more than fighting. But we still like fighting!

What planet in this solar system, rocks the hardest, other than Earth of course?

Uranus! LOL! Just kidding. It's Mercury, being named after Freddie Mercury and all.

Do you guys have any new songs in store for us soon? Come on you tell me! 

Yes, we do. We just told you.

So Hotrod, have you finally settled down into the role of reluctant leader?



I am enjoying being a leader of a band much more than leading the Autobots.

Your vocals in the song “Hunger” just makes me want to do a hair band power pose and fist pump every time I hear it! Does being that cool come naturally or was it years of slacking off and looking awesome?

Thanks! Being this cool is a natural part of my programming.

How does it feel to be in Transformers, The Last Knight? Were you happy to get the call finally? Or did Optimus call in a favor?

No one called me! That's some actor pretending to be me, but he looks nothing like me. So Hollywood!

Arcee, you got some pipes! Did you have a human teach you how to sing? Or was this an innate ability? Whose idea was it to cover the Lisa Lougheed song “Run with us"? Your version  gives me chills! 





Believe it or not I hold back in my singing because human ears are too delicate for most Cybertronian vocal patterns. The singing is innate. We covered "Run With Us" because we like the song. It was my idea! All the good ones are.

Unicron, do you still need prodding to play on stage with everyone? Does Hotrod have to borrow the Matrix from Prime to get you in line or have you finally let go of the hate and relaxed? 



Unicron does not need prodding to get onstage. Only offstage. Prime will never let Hotrod have The Matrix again.

When did you get so amazing at the guitar? Was this before mass shifting to the size of a human? Do you still feel the urge to consume planets? Do you see any tasty ones out there that are very tempting? 

All planets are tempting to devour. I still hunger. But I am much smaller now than before, so I take my hunger out on pizza and beer. Unicron has devoured many worlds and their musicians and learned many skills via this consumption, including playing the guitar.

Quintesson, you’re multi talented and it absolutely shows! Did being a multi instrumentalist come natural since you have 5 heads on one body?


INNOCENT.

Have you decided to spare us this mockery of justice?

INNOCENT.

Guilty of Innocent?

INNOCENT.

A good friend of mine has your face tattooed on this forearm, have you run across lots of fans out there with your visage on them?

INNOCENT.

Are we every going to see any sharkticons on stage with you? Or are they just roadies that work for energon? 

INNOCENT.

Rumble, what you lack in the brain department, you more than make up in the awesome department! 

Hey! I resemble that remark. 

You’re comedic timing is impeccable!

Timing is second nature to drummers. I can count to four!

You really do shine by throwing off your interviewers. Go on tell me…have you been taking improv classes?

I don't go to classes for anything. Schools are for nerds and geeks and I'm the coolest! Also I'm a robot and they won't let me in.

Also thanks for showing restrain in your drumming technique, you could very well crack the earth open and let the newly formed crevice swallow the audience up!  And…what kind of metal is your kit made out of to take that kind of hydraulic punishment and still resemble drums after the night is over? 

My drums are made of the wood kind of metal. Like that Mega Man boss Wood Man, only less leafy. 
  
Spike, how does it feel to be the only human in a robot band? Is it stressful sometimes? 


It's terrible! I have to wear this hard hat at all times because I could get seriously hurt. It's not for fashion!

Does Sparkplug ever make it to any of The Cybertronic Spree concerts?

I'd like to think he's always watching. He died several years ago.

Did you show them how to use their instruments or was it the other way around? 

We all knew how to play our instruments before starting the band.

Let’s be honest…you’re the troublemaker of the group right? Or do you have to keep all the other bots from being rowdy?

I'm good! I don't cause any trouble. Usually I'm getting the bots OUT of trouble!

Do you feel as if they have an unfair advantage at rocking out since they’re robots? Have you ever thought about transferring your brain waves back into Autobot X?

The only advantage I have is full mobility, which I use to help the bots in times of need. Like when a cord gets unplugged, I am usually the fastest at getting them plugged back in.

Thanks again, for giving me the privilege to conduct this interview with you all! 

Thank you, Tim!

You can find more out about this amazing band on the web at these links:

and on twitter @cybertronicband


1 comment:

Andre_Luiz said...

Eu tenho grande curiosidade sobre os "humanos" por trĂ¡s dos cosplays.