Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Pickles and their influences on the sleeping brain.


My grandmother used to yell at me and my sisters if she caught us eating pickles before bedtime.
"You'll have nightmares!" She'd say, as if she'd been down that road pitted with trials and trauma and wanted to share her wisdom with us.

I wouldn't have none of it. "Bring them on." I would think, while chugging on some pickle juice.

Later on down the road I discovered that spicy food had affects on my dreams at night. Not all the time, but about 50 percent though. 

Last night I was feeling snacky and ate some garlic dill pickles before bed time. I didn't think anything of it after I got ready for bed and went to sleep.

I had the scariest dream about xenomorphs last night.  It totally spoiled any movie that will ever be made with the word "alien" in it. It had a Xeno that could speak English like a human girl and it lulled this scared man closer so she could whisper death to him. I may write a short story about the whole thing. Thank you pickles before bedtime! I needed some hell dreams in my life!
The Xenos had been using us for so long that it affected their DNA. They were a dull grey and smaller than cannon types. They were only about 5'10 it seemed. And they used our cries of help to confuse and lure.

In the dream, I was part of a crew on a ship that was sending all it's members down into the bowels of the vessel to get ready for cryo stasis. We were all wearing these white bodysuits with tubes all over them and a helmet that was square in shape with rounded edges was placed on our heads. Stepped onto a tight fitting bed type pod, its sides curled up around us. The conveyor was bringing us in threes down to the sleep area, and there was a giant glass door that closed after three people were brought in, they were moved along to the walls and stored away.

When the last three in front of me went in. I saw these grey figures, dozens of them, crawling about the beds and tearing the people that were strapped down, into bloody chunks.

While this was happening, some of them saw the glass door and were frantically trying to get it break or get it open.

When the automated system let the doors open, I could hear screams and alarms coming from the room, and then another louder alarm and the door that was opening quickly shut again, but not before a xenomorph got out.

The man in front of me got out of his harness and was scurrying on his back to a corner of the room. The xeno was walking over to him, but something made it stop. It placed its hands over its mouth and then shook its head like it battling dark thoughts.
"No, no." It said in an scared female voice.
"Wait, I don't..don't want to do this."
"Why is this happening?"
This creature could speak English. It didn't seem totally alien. Its lips looked more like our own. I thought it was from all the time its species was using us as gestation pods. Our own dna was slowly being assimilated by it.

"Help, help me." it said as it walked over to him. Its postured changed to frightened.

The scurrying man was still in the corner but didn't look terrified any more. He fumbled at his helmet and took it off. His gasping face looked scared still, but more confused.

The xeno got closer still to him, stopping at his feet. It crouched down to his level and held his head.

Behind them both I could see through the glass door, the creatures were still chasing down crew members and biting large holes in them, causing massive streams of blood to come out of  theri bodies and spray across the white walls of the cryo-stasis chamber.

"Help me please." It said, touching his shoulders.
It got closer to his face, its lips touching his brow.
"I have to tell you something."
Its mouth went around to his ear. Then she latched hard on to his head with its hands, and his eyes rolled back into his head, he tried to scream but frothy blood poured out of his mouth and nose.

His eyes fluttered and his head twitched to the left and I could see the xeno's second mouth was still in the hole that it bored into his skull.

Then it looked at me, and started walking over to my pod.

"Help me." it said with bloody drool on its face.

And then I woke up.

No comments: