Friday, June 16, 2017

The Dan Bowen interview

Dan Bowen leveled up years before we even knew what that phrase was. He's the epitome of living life to the fullest. He should be the poster boy of "Get on my level!" He's a tough but humble Mofo that loves his kids and loves toys as well as kicking heads in! He first came across my radar when I found his instagram account and his Flint cosplay. I knew I had to know more about this guy so I had to pester him. lol  Here's what we talked about!
Can you tell me a bit about yourself?

 My name is Daniel Bowen I am a lifelong fan of Ninjas and superheroes.



Have you lived in California all your life? 

I was born in the deserts of Utah near Moab. Grew up in a strict Mormon household in Utah and in ID Moved out to Cali in 93 and have been here since.


When did you get into toy collecting?

I was collecting GIJOE, Star Wars, He-man, and transformers in the 80's and about 2002, I started collecting again.


When did you get into cosplay? 

I have been cosplaying since a child.  I always liked to wear costumes and props to bring my playtime adventures to life.  My first Con was Wizard World in Sac in 2014.  I found my true religion and try to go to as many cons as I can afford.


What was your first cosplay costume? 

Casey Jones is the easiest to wear and Punisher or Joker would be closest to my own mind set and easiest to get into character.  Deadpool is a fucking fool so you have got to go all out with that one.

Are you part of any cosplay group out there?

I first started cosplaying with Cobra 1st Legion a cosplay charity org in the bay area.  I created a Flint costume, My fave joe.  Since then I have joined a couple local cosplay groups.






Do you have a favorite cosplay? Which costume gets the best response at conventions?

Deadpool is probably my favorite cosplay and the one that gets the most love.  




Which character is easier for you to get into their mind set?

Casey Jones is the easiest to wear and Punisher or Joker would be closest to my own mind set and easiest to get into character.  Deadpool is a fucking fool so you have got to go all out with that one.









Did you get LadyJenbo into cosplay or was she already doing it?

I met my girlfriend Lady Jenbo through Cobra 1st Legion.  It has been a great adventure having a sexy cosplay partner in crime.





Any future cosplay projects? 

Right now I’m working on Post Apocalyptic stuff for Wasteland Weekend.






You play guitar, sing, and do martial arts, mma, cosplay...I'd say you are a pretty interesting dude! Do you have any other hidden talents that we don't know about?

As far as MMA training and Ninjitsu goes I do a little training with weapons and such, but I really need to get back into a better training schedule.

You've recently branched into toy photography, what made you go that route? Any favorite photographers out there that got you itching to get behind the lens? 

Besides music photography making short movies and such I have recently started making Action Figure Dioramas. They are so much fun to create and created great backdrops for ACBA photography.  People who inspired me are on youtube instagram and face book.  I take what i want from all of them.  Use their techniques and create my own.  








I believe doing what I love keeps me young.  Keeping my imagination alive and that childlike wonder is crucial to my happiness.

I know exactly how you feel man. Thanks so much for the Interview! 





You can find out more about Dan on the following sites:
Instagram @danboshinobi
Twitter https://twitter.com/NinjaBowen
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-LhyJ0wrftfBWkq7gtXiXA





No comments: