Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Sunstreaker's morning routine

Sunstreaker, before a good buffing.


I live in the Ark, a spaceship that crash landed into the base of Mount St. Hilary in Oregon. My name is Sunstreaker. I'm over 4 million years old. I believe in the upkeep and care of my body and chassis and practicing Jet Judo. In the morning if my face plates are scuffed, I will use sodium fluoride which reacts with my base coat, clear coat and the scuff marks, softening them and giving it a smooth finish. This happens while I do what the humans call “kata” and “meditation”.  

After I remove the sodium fluoride with a microfiber cloth, I use a deep exfoliating enamel cleanser during my shower, after drying off I use a color brightener then a carnuba wax on my face, and body, and then I apply a metal dressing that is temperature-activated that cleans, polishes and seals all in one for 1 earth hour while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use distilled water on my paint job because normal tap water dulls your undercoat and  makes you look like an older model. Then chrome polish that removes rust stains and restores my chrome trim, then a tire gloss that gives them a pitch black look while also a deep wet glossy appearance that repels dirt and road grime, keeping them looking spotless, followed by a final protective coat of nano-seal that reduces light absorption in my paint and increases shine and brilliance. There is an idea of a Sunstreaker; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze from my optic sensors from my fellow autobots, and you can shake my hand and feel metal gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.

No comments: